[3830] WAE SSB CT1ENQ/P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 15 19:14:02 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT1ENQ/P
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN61
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   1     0      4
   40:  13     0     33
   20:  30    10     42
   15:   0     0      0
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:  44    10     79  Total Score = 4,266

Club: Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

Weekend out at countryside QTH. There i dont have any radio shack, so i took my
radio+tuner and asked CT2IWV (Pedro) for some cable to do a longwire antenna.
Basically i could only work 20 and 40m. On 80 rf leaks were too high that the
real power out would not exceed 20W (probably less). Anyway, K1LZwas able to
get my signal there. He was one of the only two dx stations that i could hear,
the other one was C4I. Band was noisy.
40 meters really need to get wider, or at least, be broadcasting free. For my
suprise i was able to work a few of SA calls on this band.
20 meters were funny, with early signal from NA and SA.
The antenna worked okay but the lack of ground made QRM+QRN come in e-z. Just
touching the notebook touch pad was enough th block the marginal signals. Like
always, i'm here for the fun.
Was also nice to work from that location for the first time. I think it can be
a nice location.

Could hear but not work:

20m
.PW2D
.K1LZ
.W9IU
.PY1NB
.CE3BFZ
.ZL4PW
.N1BAA
.A71EM
.UP0L
.VE3UTT

40m
.VE3AT

80m
.C4I

Did not work so much, just a few hours and always in and out.

73 de ct1enq