[3830] WAE SSB OH8X(OH2UA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 16 03:06:04 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH8X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arcala

   80:   55    50    32
   40:  196   101    59
   20: 1717  1045    97
   15:   12    27     7
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1980  1223   513  Total Score = 1,614,411

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was a lot of fun again on WAE SSB. A great battle of European single
operators, mostly because everyone is squeezing the last points for WRTC 2010.
Thank you guys for great weekend, it's always a pleasure to have tight
competition!

For us, this was the last test of the largely rebuild OH8X station before SAC
and CQWW. During summer we'd change all RF switching and control logic and new
we're relaying on fantastic relay units from microHam controlled with Station
Masters and our own station automation. You can see the picture of SO2R 4x10 RF
matrix at the last page of new PileUp magazine
(http://www.helsinki.fi/~korpela/PU/PU2_2008.pdf) Station performed fabulously
without any single problems during the weekend, so I guess that we're ready for
this contest season!

Once again propagation up in Arctic Circle was something totally different than
what other in further South had. I just couldn't leave 20M NA runs so my low
band totals are somewhat less than what others have. On Sunday I felt the other
side of Northern propagation when slight increase of K index blocked low bands
totally. I couldn't hear any single JAs' on 80M while others were spotting
JA5AQC booming like local in EU. Also getting QTCs' on 20M was quite difficult
when most of the stations gave me serial number of 001 ;)

Fortunately I didn't get beaten too badly by Tonno, ES5TV. So I still hope to
gain some points for WRTC qualification. I realized that I'm having some
problems of getting all 8 contests for WRTC, because operating so many contest
from CU2A lately. Most likely I'm getting 7 scores form CU2, but only 4 of
those can be counted for WRTC qualification.

Next weekend SAC CW OH8X will be operated by Pasi, OH6UM and I'll be heading
"back home" when putting station OH2BH on air.

See next weekend on SAC,
73 de Toni, OH2UA