[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 17 23:12:58 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

I had to leave town early Sunday morning after the Sprint, and didn't have time
to send in the score till I got back tonight -- not that you were missing much.
Ouch!

Great scores from W7 land, and points west. :-)  As others have mentioned, 20
was a mess and went from bad to worse shortly after the contest started.  That
made for a long night on 40 and 80.  Many, many, many unanswered CQs.  I did
get a nice signal report after the contest via e-mail, from an SWL on the East
Coast, so at least someone was hearing me.

Mults missed:  AR, CT, IA, ID, KY, LA, ND, NE, SC, SD, VT, VE4/5/6/8.  Only
mult I heard but didn't work was when VE4EAR called me on 40, but I could not
finish the QSO, and lost him while trying to turn the beam up his way. Thanks
for trying!  Danny promised to sell me one of his little bag of mults, next
time I see him.  So, I'm hopeful for better mults in the future.

Rigs:  FT-1000MP, IC-746 (I think I had about 5 second radio QSOs)
Antennas (1 tower):
    F12 C4XL @ 95ft (2 ele on 20m & 40m)
    F12 EF180C @ 100ft (rotatable dipole on 80m)

Pictures at:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/gallery

Thanks for the Q's and I hope everyone has a great contest season!

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox at qth.com