[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 19 01:28:46 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 19

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   7      4
   40:  25     14
Total:  32     18  Total Score = 576

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry 'bout the continued remote keying problems which some of you had to put up
with again tonight ;-(  Several NCCC folks suggested trying a WinKey widget
which I'm planning to do soon.

At 0230, I thought someone blew up the 20m band.  Gheeeez... it was DudsVille,
and I cringed at having to QSY to 40m after 3 minutes of nothingness on 20.

DanWa/K7SS was all over the place.  Everytime I turned around it seemed he
appeared out-of-the-blue calling me.  Awesome, Dude.  This helped make up for
just being too much out-of-sync tonight.  It's still hard to believe that I
didn't hear W9RE at least once!

The Mega-Apology Award for tonight goes to Chris, NB4M, who I had to request
umpteen repeats from due to QRM and fast QSB fades on his signal.  Plus I was
QLF on the keyboard to the remote Confuzer (which is how I have to send CW
right now).

Still working on a potential hardware solution with a Swiss company to get rid
of my remote audio delay using software, which causes too much confusion in my
tardy response timing.

Challenges, Challenges, Challenges to be overcome with this remote stuff.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust