[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 19 12:57:51 EDT 2008

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TR
Operator(s): K1TR
Station: K1TR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WMA - FN42

  1.2:   42    15
  2.3:    9     6
  3.4:   15     7
  5.7:    7     5
  10G:    9     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  776   174  Total Score = 215,586

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed rather flat overall.  I set up my portable operation Friday on
Wachusett Mtn in FN42.  Friday night I tuned for the beacons and was surprised
that I couldn't even hear the W3CCX beacons out of Philly.  Normally they are
S1-S3 there.  Come Saturday morning they were back, but much weaker than
normal. No doubt the soggy weather had a lot to do with it.  I had several
hours of windswept rain Saturday night through Sunday morning.  Then it was
heavy fog giving way to very windy conditions as we got in to Sunday night.  I
was more than a bit concerned that the antennas might come crashing down on me.
 None of this was conducive to long distance contacts.  The major system failure
was the loss of 2304 rx Saturday.  I am learning that sequencing is required for
ALL bands.

A special thanks to the Rovers who persevered despite the high gas prices and
lousy weather.

73, Ed K1TR