[3830] CIS DX VA7ST SORTTY HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 21 08:42:19 EDT 2008

                    CIS DX RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SORTTY HP
QTH:

   40:  40      4
   20:  17      6
Total:  57     10  Total Score = 1,150

Got on for 40 minutes on 20M around 2200z, and ran stations for about an hour on
40M around 0100z. Activity was pretty sparse, but RTTY is always fun and a lot
of guys had some really good numbers when I was on 20M during the day. Having
spent my time in the morning working SAC CW, I missed any 20M European opening
for CIS RTTY, hence the low mults.

Highlights were working JM1XCW off the back, and a few minutes later being
called by a loud 5C5W in Morocco. 20M must have been pretty good all over at
2200z, though only worked CT/DL1YD from Europe (and he was loud, too).

Heard Bill W6WRT on at 4:30 a.m. Sunday. Like me he must've been looking for
last-minute Asia on 40M. I didn't work anyone at that hour but it was nice to
hear someone else trying, too.

Thanks for the Qs. See everyone next weekend in the big one.

-- Bud, VA7ST
http://www3.telus.net/va7st