[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 26 01:04:40 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 26

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak/Remote
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   6      3
   40:  24     12
   20:   1      1
Total:  31     16  Total Score = 486

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Next, glad to hear those affected by the hurricane back in business to any
degree!

Next, welcome to new NS'er Joe, WI2E in the PA mult & Tnx for the QSO on 40m.

Tnx to K6UFO for the only 20m Q.  I do not recall 20m being so crappy at this
same time last year.  I also called CQ during the last few minutes on 160m but
didn't hear any locals and no QSOs.

Humbly, my keying (or some other weirdo related) problem is still unresolved as
many of you 'victims' tonight observed again.  I hate to keep making apologies,
but sorry for the QLF ;0(

Tnx to Tom/W7WHY for several new troubleshooting ideas to try he shared with me
on the post-NS Net.  It is sooooooooo frustrating here.  After running some
tests at 5 watts later tonight, I'm pretty sure it is not an RFI issue (all the
cables at the remote site are loaded up with Fair-Rites).  The erratic keying
problem still existed and is random...about twice per minute but not at the
same point on the clock.  It almost seems like some Gremlin is getting in the
food chain that makes it seem like I've ramped up to a Bazillion WPM.

Gotta get back up to the site and try some of Tom's suggestions...and a WinKey
widget N6XI kindly loaned me to try out.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust