[3830] TxQP NX5M Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 28 19:42:22 EDT 2008

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KU5B, KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Somerville, TX

  160:    0       0     0
   80:   65      31     0
   40:  207     984     0
   20:  201    1360     0
   15:    6       6     0
   10:    0       0     0
    6:    0       0     0
    2:    0       0     0
  UHF:    0       0     0
----------------------------
Total:  479    2381     0  Mults = 230  Total Score = 1,425,770

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We originally weren't planning on doing this contest but Steve, KJ5T, expressed
a desire to come back since last year's TQP. We then decided to do a
non-serious effort and that's the way it ended up. KJ5T, did most of the 20SSB
while N5XJ, NX5M, and KU5B did the bulk of the 40SSB and all CW. Saturday was a
bunch of fun with some pretty decent rate and lots of great mobiles to chase
around. At 0100Z, 40/80 came alive and we ended with a 277 hour; too bad it was
the hour before shutting down for the night! Next year, if we do this seriously
again i.e. 15 and 10 will be somewhat better, I think we'll go to 80 a bit
sooner as it yielded many more q's than in the past. Sunday was somewhat slower
but we still ended up with some good hours. I commented to NX5M that this
contest sure does seem a lot like NAQP SSB as far as the numbers on 20/40.
Overall a really good time doing radio with friends. Be sure to listen for us
in ARRL 10m contest in Dec.

KU5B for NX5M "Chaos" Contest Crew

P.S. As of today, 9/28, and after 2 weeks and 2 days, KU5B finally has power at
home! Precious A/C!