[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6CTA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 28 20:55:24 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    4    6       4       2     2
   40:   21   46       4      13    12
   20:  117  234      32      38    19
   15:    3    9               3     3
Total:  145  295      40      56    36  Total Score = 38,940

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Got on for a little while to exercise the new K3 on RTTY. Interfaced to the
computer (WriteLog) with a Microham Microkeyer II. Wow....what a receiver. I
kept the filtering pretty tight, and had no inkling that there were stations
close in. K6RIM lives on the next ridge over from me (line of sight less than 2
miles away), and runs full power; unless I tuned right on him he could have been
on a different band. The receiver is very quiet; even weaker signals pop right
up on the screen. Copy is so good that I had no idea if they were weak or
strong. Lots of fun for the short time I was on.

Thanks for the Q's....

73,
Ed - K6CTA