[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 28 21:43:10 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6WS
Operator(s): N6WS
Station: N6WS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nipomo, CA

   80:   12   29       3        9     9
   40:   63  150      16       26    19
   20:  146  411      11       60    21
   15:   11   30       0        9     8
   10:    1    3       0        1     1
Total:  233  623      30      105    58  Total Score = 120,239

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Yaesu FT-1000MP MkV Field
Amp:  Ameritron AL-1200 @ 500W
Ant:  Cushraft X-9 w/X-940 @ 17m
      80m 1/4 wave sloper @ 13m
Acc:  microHAM microKEYER
Log:  N1MM

I had a lot of fun just playing around in the pileups and giving out points.
Not that California is rare.

The bands could have obviously been better, but there was a lot more DX
available than I had time to work.  So, I can't really complain.  It was a lot
of fun hopping from pileup to pileup working stations.  I was happy to work
three new RTTY band-countries.

I missed HC8N on 10m.  I heard HC8N quite strong CQ'ing, but when I would call
I'd hear nothing.  The only station I heard on 10m that I worked was LU1HF.
With a S9+20dB signal, it would have been hard to miss him.

73, Bill
N6WS