[3830] CQ WW RTTY K1IB SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 15:57:47 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K1IB
Operator(s): K1IB
Station: K1IB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT

   80:   16   21       3       3    10
   40:   17   35       9       7     6
   20:  263  630      60      16    25
   15:   31   84      17       9     3
Total:  327  770      89      35    44  Total Score = 129,360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I started off with the modest aim of adding a few new countries to my RTTY DXCC
total, but conditions on 20m to Europe were pretty decent, the weather was damp
and my competitive instincts began to get the better of me. So, this turned into
my first serious RTTY contesting venture. I didn't operate much during the
night, so didn't accumulate the 40 and 80 meter QSOs I'd have needed for a
better score. But, I'm quite happy with the 20 meter results.

Rig: FT-1000D
Antennas: KLM KT-34A tribander @ 50 ft, 40m dipole, 80m wire vertical.