[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA2UP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 22:54:15 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  247   548       46      39    14
   40:  463  1092       47      64    19
   20:  808  2160       43      87    27
   15:   46   113        8      24    14
Total: 1564  3913      144     214    74  Total Score = 1,690,416

Club: CGQ

Comments:

Massive action and good conditions. What a difference from last year's edition
where we all struggled! Precious few Q's and mults on 15 were more than
welcome. Very pleased with relatively low noise on 40M especially, made a
difference in RX for me here. Not too many repeats necessary either way and
very few dupes. Sure was a fun contest. Thank you all for another yet great
rtty page to be remembered.
BTW: I do agree with Robby vy2ss about the odd 'no confirmation' technique (no
TU nor QSL)in use by a few stations. Saving 'your' time makes the other guys
waist theirs and I think this is not the spirit of a true contester.
Also the 'new-er' SO2R experimenters should try and somewhat speed up their
back and forth routine because sometimes I would have had the time time to go
get a coffee and be back in time for their reply... I know I'm far from
spotless in this matter but well aware of the problem, I try my best not to let
this happen. In the heat of the battle never forget that this is a very tough
'contact' sport...but still a friendly one.
73, Fabi  va2up