[3830] WPX SSB P41V(AI6V) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Apr 2 16:48:13 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P41V
Operator(s): AI6V
Station: P49V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ARUBA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, here are the excuses for spring 2009.  ARRL DX CW - gout Saturday evening
and trip to the hospital; ARRL DX SSB - I picked the wrong band, 20 was
terrible; WPX SSB - the weather dried up and I began having a S7 to S9 line
noise.  I quit rather than boring everyone with requests for repeats.  Would
like to hope that I can find the noise before next fall's contests.  The good
news is Sue got a chance to do a lot of RTTY, and after five months of fairly
serious work, the house is furnished, draped, painted, tiled, has a new
perimeter wall and garage and has a radio room with two operating positions. We
built three towers, six Yagis and one vertical.  Wires for 80 and 160 will go up
next fall.  So, we have re-established ourselves in Aruba!  A big thanks goes to
P43A whose help was invaluable.  And, thanks to all for the QSOs!  73/88  Carl
P41V/P49V/P40V  and  Sue P40YL