[3830] ARRLDX SSB PS2T M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 6 18:51:23 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2NDX, PY2NY, PY2KC, PU2MZI, OH2MM
Station: PS2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Araraquara, Brazil

  160:    2     2
Total: 2793   222  Total Score = 1,860,138

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

An enjoyable contest despite some problems:

1. We didn't get the network running before the contest. Thus, the two stns had
to start with separate logs. In the middle of the contest, we finally got the
network up and running. But attepts to merge the two N1MM logs resulted in no
log at all!!  So we opened a third log, now accessible to both stations, but
without information on previous QSOs. Fortunately, N1MM is "fool-proof" and all
contacts were safely retrieved afterwards.
Lesson: Prepare well BEFORE Friday evening.

2. The 40 M yagi (Stepp-IR) did not rotate and was stuck to South. However,
this smart antenna allows you to electrically “rotate” it 180 degrees. So
we were able to change the main lobe to North and get a reasonable signal to NA
anyway.

The good thing were:
* Nice company of team members and the swimming pool next to QTH.
* Surprise opening on 28 MHz on Sunday evening.

Congrats to the High Scorers and 73 to All,

Ville OH2MM, PY2ZEA