[3830] GaQP KB4KBS/5 Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 12 17:37:04 PDT 2009

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: KB4KBS/5
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS/5

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Houston, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

   40:     34
------------------------
Total:     34       0  CW-Dig Mults = 26  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 1,768

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I wish that I had had a better showing but the WX looked iffy here and I decided
not to string up the G5RV dipole in the company parking lot, but rather to use
the magnetic mounted mobile antennas.  I had a lot of noise and never heard any
PH activity so settled for single band / single mode / single day effort.
The highlight of my day was working KJ4HYG.  While the rest of us were blasting
away at 25-30WPM using our fancy computers and CAT-equipped radios, Chris was
chugging along at 8-10WPM with his HEATHKIT HW-16 CW-only rig, a straight key,
and a pad of paper.  Folks, that is desire.  I sincerely hope that he is in
your log, because HE is the future of our hobby.  You owe it to yourself to
visit his QRZ.com page and be humbled.

Thanks for all of the contacts from the folks "back home".

73,
Scott
KB4KBS/5
Houston, Texas