[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Apr 16 21:45:40 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 17

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:   5      2
   40:  14     12
   20:  15      7
-------------------
Total:  34     21  Total Score = 714

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Looks as if NS Ladder is taking off. Wow -  40+ score reports in already!

Spent a couple hours today working on the 20 meter beam, which now receives
most signals 1-2 S units above my reference antenna instead of 1 S unit below
it, and yielded 15 Q's in 7 minutes -- exhilirating for sure.  But then hit the
wall on 40 meters, losing practically every jump ball -- 4 Q's in 9 minutes.  To
add insult to injury, I simply forgot to go to 80 meters until only 3 mins left.
 In a windstorm 3 weeks ago, the end of 20m beam's driven element came loose,
and when re-assembling I missed the correct length by 5 inches.  Fixing that
made a huge difference in gain, even tho it loaded ok at wrong length. Now have
to get that wire up in the air where it belongs.

Pleased to work KI7Y tonight, and WF7T, my only TN mult because I somehow
managed to miss W4NZ.  Also never even heard N9CK, N4AF or N4OGW.  So mult
total is miserable . . one of my worst scores ever.

73 Bill n6zfo