[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Apr 17 09:39:10 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 17

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .49

   80:  16     11
   40:  19     11
   20:   5      1
-------------------
Total:  40     23  Total Score = 920

I always reset my clock to atomic time just before SNS and accidentally set it
one minute ahead. Since not everyone quites right away after SNS, I didn't pick
up the problem then as I reset the computer for NS.

Luckily I was just listening the first minute of NS and couldn't figure out why
I wasn't hearing any CQs, but it was a really long minute! About the time the
rest of you jumped in, I went to 20 on the off chance it was open, and heard
30-over CA signals, so made a few Qs there to start things off. Should have
stayed there longer to bring up the Q total, because 40m was really slow the
first 10 minutes and had only 10 or so Qs in the log. Then things picked up.
Stayed on 40 longer that last week, then fought the noise (relatively
successfully) on 80 and quit right when my clock said 0300. Lots of people
enjoying "the best 31 minutes in radio" it seemed until I checked the atomic
clock and noticed I still had 15 seconds to go after listening for 45 seconds.
Of course I lost the last jump ball!  Several more good lessons learned!  I
really appreciate all the activity and new calls.  See you next week (with the
correct time).

73, Bob, w0bh