[3830] MiQP AE8M Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 19 16:44:30 PDT 2009

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

   80:   21     1
   40:   16     5
--------------------
Total:   37     6  CW Mults = 25  Ph Mults = 6  Total Score = 2,480

Fun contest!  I operated my mobile rig parked in my driveway for the purpose of
working out the bugs with the new mobile setup.  This attracted attention from
several of my neighbors.  One neighbor seemed fascinated as I demonstrated CW
and SSB Q's.  The other one called me a pervert (apparently not everyone
understands the appeal of amateur radio).

The mobile rig is a K2/100 with Lakeview Hamsticks on 40M and 80M.  Many MI
stations were extremely strong, and I was able to work 3 MI mobiles.  My only
concern now is with the mag mounts falling off as I travel through Indiana in
two weeks in the IN QP.