[3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Apr 24 01:39:16 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 24

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ

   40:   2     2
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

I may be the only person in history to make more Qs in the SNS than in the NS to
follow, in my first try at Thursday Night Fever.

I was looking forward to at least what probably is my final attempt to try yet
another 80 meter receive antenna to alleviate my apartment local noise problem.
(Inconclusive so far. A loop antenna thumb-tacked to my apartment wall with a
gain of probably about minus 100 dB)

Just logged on paper in the SNS, no sweat.

Beforehand I'd discovered that my 2001 model puter that I use only for
contesting didn't have CTWIN's sprint.dat file, so I downloaded the latest
version of CT to another machine and used sneaker mail to put the sprint.dat
file on the old clunker.

First Q with WF7T and I discovered that ENTER did not work; would not log the
Q. And ... ESC didn't work, either. This same CTWIN and puter work fine with
past BIN files; how could a new file as simple as SPRINT.BIN not work?

Got out a pad of paper and a quill pen, worked W9RE, then said screw it. 30
minutes go by quickly when you're an English major trying to debug a confuser
problem.

Sprints just aren't my cup of tea but now I have a challenge. Or I am
challenged, perhaps. Guess I'll put the entire latest version of CTWIN on the
clunker and see if that works. It's always something, isn't it?

K1TN
Newbie