[3830] FlQP K4KG/M(@K5KG) SO Mobile+DriverMixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 26 19:21:09 PDT 2009

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K4KG/M
Operator(s): K5KG, VE7ZO
Station: K5KG

Class: SO Mobile+DriverMixed LP
QTH: FL

   40:   488    25
   20:  1684   150
--------------------
Total:  2172   175  CW Mults = 71  Ph Mults = 56  Total Score = 1,147,826

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

The activity and conditions made for a terrific weekend and allowed us to break
1 Meg for the second time in the FQP.  Once again it was great to exchange
reports with so many friends who like us, look forward to the springtime for
this operating event.

We had originally planned on using a Sigman 5 mounted on a trailer for 20M and
a 40M ham stick on the roof of the SUV.  However,the weekend got off to a
difficult start with the new 40M ham stick and mag mount getting blown off the
roof of the car on the way to our planned starting county Collier.  With 30
minutes to start, we were still back in the K5KG driveway piecing together a
workable 40M transmit antenna.  Sorry for not following the county plan
announced on the web site but our travel plans were ad hoc from the beginning.

Thanks to all the fine op's that make the contest enjoyable. Outstanding
participation from the Ontario Contest Club.  The top rankings in the K4KG/m
log (rough numbers) were as follows:

VA3DX - 65
W8MJ - 59
K3TW - 40