[3830] NAQP CW NX5M Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 1 21:36:43 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:  12      9
   80:   1      1
   40:  20     14
   20:   1      1
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     25  Total Score = 850

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

No time this weekend.  Connected 160m vertical as the only antenna thinking I
would just hand out a few q's on that band later in the night.....but swr was
somewhat high so at least I discovered it before NAQP SSB.  Used it anyway (do
not own a tuner).  Not very efficient though so I need to work on it.  However,
did find that it seemed to want to work better on 40 as the swr there was less
than 2:1.
Obviously did not work at all on 80 as the only person that could hear me was a
local about 20 miles away.  Got curious so I tried it on 20...yeah, I knew for
sure it would not work there but heard WH6R so called and easily worked despite
horrible swr.
Should be louder for SSB weekend using the proper antennas and hopefully can
figure out what the problem is with the 160 vertical.