[3830] NAQP CW K6III Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 1 23:17:38 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K6III
Operator(s): K6III
Station: K6III

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   14     6
   80:   20     8
   15:   20     7
   10:   18     4
-------------------
Total:  112    55  Total Score = 6,160

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Tried for 20 Q's on each band.  Came up short.
Forgot that contest ended at 0600z and kept calling CQ on 160m until about
0610z. Then looked over the bands and was mystified that there were not CQ NA
signals.  Read the rules again and got the QRT time.

Tried to register to be on a NCCC team but was too late.

Put up a 160m Lazy-U antenna in my 150ft pine trees.  Seemed to work pretty
well. Will try it with power next time.  Best 160m DX was CO but I did hear
N4BP in FL.

73 de Jerry, k6iii