[3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(@N1LN) M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 2 08:51:10 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): W)UCE, AA4FU, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NC

Total: 1377   228  Total Score = 313,956

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

The contest is over, let the counting begin.    Mother nature even helped out a
bit.   The local forecast called for thunder storms starting at 16:00 UTC, then
18:00 UTC, then 20 UTC, then finally the storms were officially pushed off to
Sunday afternoon.  OUTSTANDING, almost.   Doppler radar was showing a storm
line from Michigan all the way south to Alabama and then west across MS, LA and
TX.   Well, based on the direction to most of the country from NC we had to look
right through that storm front.    The QRN on 40, 80 and 160 proved that to be
quite true.   LOTS of QRN.  Sorry to those that called and were not able to
make it in the log.

It was great to have both 10 and 15 meters show up.  Although not great
performances, they both made significant contributions to the final score.
While on the subject of showing up, we never heard nor worked VT, ND and WY on
any band.   Also missing from our log were VE5, VE6, VE8 and VY1.

Now on to food.   Regardless of the variations in atmospheric propagation, one
part of the multi-op contest events held at our QTH remains consistent.  Chef
Archie (aka: Jack, W0UCE) once again made us all a fabulous dinner.   Let me
just tempt you with the desert and you will certainly be able to assume how the
rest of the meal was.   Desert consisted of a frozen layered sundae starting
with a cookie base made from crumbled Oreos and Chocolate Chip cookies, then
strawberries & bananas accented with Grand Mariner and a butterscotch malt
topping.   Add a few bottles of wine and an outstanding pork entrée and what
do you have?   You have difficulty getting back to one of the operators
positions!   This was Alan’s (AA4FU) first time operating at our QTH.  I
don’t know how he liked the station, but he liked the food.

Congratulations to the other M2 teams.  Posted so far are K5GO and NR5M.  Well
done guys.

Thanks to Jack, W0UCE and Alan, AA4FU for making the M2 entry possible.

See you in two weeks for NAQP-SSB.

RIG:  2 K3s, 2/2 on 40, 4/4/4 on 20, 5/4/3 on 15, 10 ele log/4/3 on 10, 80
inverted V and GP, 160 inverted V and inverted L.   S, NE, N, NW, W beverages.
(got used a lot)  WriteLog software.

73,
Bruce – N1LN
(aka: NC4KW)