[3830] NAQP CW W1UE Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 2 08:59:56 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ma

  160:    1     1
Total:  530   145  Total Score = 76,850

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: Summer YCCC 2 CW

Comments:

Was only planning to spend a few hours in this one, but a few hours led to a few
hours more and I wound up operating all 10 hours.  Not too bad for a G5RV at
60ft, I think.  I figure SO2R capability would have added another 100 QSOs or
so.

Both 10 and 15M seemed to be open better than the Q totals would lead one to
believe- worked as far west as Ia and Ar on 10M, and as far west as Mn, Ar, and
La
on 15M.  My only 160M QSO was with Randy K5ZD, who somehow pulled me out.  The
G5RV doesn't load on 160M, and the K3 would only put out a few watts when the
rig reduced the power due to high SWR.

Thanks for the fun.  I was actually surprised that I could hold a frequency and
CQ at a reasonable rate, at least on 80-40-20M.

Thanks for the Qs.  See the Europeans next week in WAE CW.

Dennis W1UE