[3830] NAQP CW W7WHY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 2 09:25:52 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR

  160:   12     6
   15:   17     8
Total:  429   129  Total Score = 55,341

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

That was fun.  Made a goal of 400 Q's and did that.  Didn't know what wo expect
in the way of conditions as it was pretty bad Friday night during the
practice.

Started out good with a 96 hour on 20 then had to quit for about 4 hours to go
do some 'honey-do' stuff.  Got back on when I got home, but 20 wasn't as good
as at the start.  Mostly all S&P on the lower bands.

It hurt not to have a good 15 meter antenna up.  Lost lots of mults by not
being on that band.  I put up a wire antenna to use on 15, but either
conditions were pretty bad here in the PNW, or the antenna just didn't work as
I didn't hear much on 15.  Nothing heard on 10 whenever I tuned up there with
the 2 el yagi.

Going to 40 when the sun is still way up in the sky is an exercise in
frustration.  I could hear stations, but when I'd call, I'd get '?' '?'.
Finally after it started getting dark it got better.

I went to 160 early and think it would have been pretty productive if there
would have been more stations there.  The few stations on were loud, and it was
quiet.

Nice way to spend a Saturday, but wish it would have been raining and cold
outside so I'da had an excuse to sit in front of the radio all day :-)  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SAT
Radio 2   FT-840

160 meter inverted 'L', 80 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical, 2 el 20 meter
monobander, 15 meter center fed zepp.

N1MM Logger 9.7.1