[3830] EUHF Champ EA3KU CW Only LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 2 09:32:54 PDT 2009

                    European HF Championship

Call: EA3KU
Operator(s): EA3KU
Station: EA3KU

Class: CW Only LP
QTH: JN00

  160:    41    0      28
   80:    89    0      41
   40:   200    0      48
   20:   275    0      57
   15:   242    0      56
   10:   192    0      54
---------------------------
Total:  1039    0     284  Total Score = 295,076

After many years contesting high power, the last IARU contest I decided to
participate in low power and I enjoyed it very well. So this year I decided to
participate in the EU HF contest in low power.

The conditions of propagation at 28 MHz with a big 'ES' has been excellent and
I have tried to make the most as well on 21 mhz.

The conditions of propagation at 28 MHz with a big 'ES' has been excellent and
I have tried to make the most as well as 21 mhz. As I spent much time in the
higher bands has made the number of 'QSO' at 14mhz is not as high as I expected
because the stations will have already left the band to go to the lower bands.

In my 7Mhz 'long OCF dipole' with almost two wavelengths long for that
frequency to be acceptable giving a good gain and the orientation is optimal
for 'EU'. Thus the number of 'QSOs' was good even at low power.

Which is actually really be a challenge to southern Europe from Z14 and at low
power on 3.5mhz and specially on 1.8 mhz. In these bands I never could do
running and all QSO's were S&P. I was very helpful my RX antenna. I lost many
QSO's, especially in 1.8mhz, where he heard many stations that I called many
times and never heard me.

My Rig   : IC-775 DSP full fit of roofing and cw filters
Antennas : KT34XA 50feet.
           Dipol 3.5 mhz.
           OCF Dipole 81mtrs long.