[3830] ARRL UHF KC9BQA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 2 12:33:50 PDT 2009

                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: KC9BQA
Operator(s): KC9BQA
Station: KC9BQA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN63

  1.2:
  2.3:    7     6
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  163    80  Total Score = 49,680

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Good contest -- 1296 having 2.5/1 SWR and being kaput was a shame.  Could have
had 20-25 Q's in 15-20 grids easily there.   Probably more -- had to say "No
1296, sorry" to more than a few workable rovers and fixed stations.    Love
902/903.  That band really plays well for me.  My 2.3 isn't nearly as good.

    Conditions were lousy yesterday.   Cool weather and stiff W winds.  This
summer, Canada's been in charge in the Upper Midwest.  Cx's much better this
morning and some of those louder 200-400 mile Q's were nice to work.

    A fuller write-up is on my website http://www.kc9bqa.com

    73,
    Todd  KC9BQA
    EN63ao   40 N of Milwaukee