[3830] NCCC Sprint N5DO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Aug 6 20:25:34 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - August 7

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   0      0
   40:  19     12
   20:  12      9
-------------------
Total:  31     21  Total Score = 651

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

KB1H gets my vote for the best ears of the evening.  I have been straightening
up the shack for the past several evenings (and have it looking pretty good).
I got everything put back together and tried it on 20, 40 and 80, and
everything was working well.  I went for a walk and got back about an hour
before start time.  I was sitting in the shack working on getting caught up
with some QSL chores and thought about getting on for the SNS, but decided not
to.  That was a mistake!  I started right at 0230 on 20 and couldn't get anyone
to answer me.  I called CQ and noticed that I was getting 1 watt out.  KB1H
called me and we completed the QSO.  I stopped operating and tried to figure
out what was wrong.  After I replaced a coax jumper everything was back to
normal, but I missed 7 minutes of operating time.  My QSO #2 was with N4AF, and
he gave me #17.  The slow start caused me to never get caught up.