[3830] WAE CW DM1A(@DL0WW) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 9 19:30:36 PDT 2009

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DM1A
Operator(s): DJ5MW, DK6XZ, DK9IP, DL1IAO, DL2RMC, DL3YM
Station: DL0WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SW Germany

   80:   90    47    38
   40:  358   497    75
   20:  609  1643    85
   15:  170   244    48
   10:   50    20    29
-------------------------
Total: 1277  2451   701  Total Score = 2,611,926

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Run: IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87
M-1: IC756Pro3(INRAD) + IC4KL or Titan425
M-2: IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Titan425, restricted to 10/40/80m
M-3: IC7400 + IC2KL, for listening and playing around during off-times

WX0B BPF's + TopTen decoders, WinTest v3.23.0 on 3x HP Omnibook XE3

(10) 6el Yagi @24m
(15) 5el Yagi @25m
(20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
(40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded), DP @10m
(80) Bobtail (NW/SE), Delta Loop, DP @10m

Thanks to all team members for making the trip to the DL0WW station, entering
M/S was a real short time decision this year! It is always a major task to
set up a 3-radio station just before the contest, and we are glad how
everything turned out.

There are no stacks or additional antennas for a second direction, so the
rotors got a real workout this weekend!

We came real close to the existing DL record (2.68M) but condx were not good
enough to get some substantial runs on 15m.  But we were thrilled to see
10m open for a few minutes on Sunday.

We were working hard for QTCs and finally passed the 2000-QTC-line with a nice
safety margin.  Thanks to all DX stations for taking their time!

Congrats to our EU M/S competition for turning in a great effort as well and
thanks to DARC for sponsoring the best CW contest of the year!

73,

Stefan DL1IAO
for the DM1A M/S team

http://www.dl1iao.com/