[3830] WAE CW W4PM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 9 20:28:01 PDT 2009

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

   80:   65    34  24 x 4
   40:  200   215  35 x 3
   20:  131   145  33 x 2
   15:   19    17  15 x 2
   10:    0     0       0
-------------------------
Total:  415   411     107  Total Score = 245,322

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten tec Omni VII, Ameritron ALS-600 400-500 Watts
Antenna: 53 meter center fed at 17 meters high  (all bands)
Tuner: MFJ-976 Balanced Line Tuner

Friday night/Saturday morning conditions were poor on 80 and 40. Saturday
night/Sunday morning conditions were very good on those bands. 20 meters was
down for me all weekend but then my wire doesn't play well on that band.  A big
yagi up high would have been a great help!

I had a fair opening on 15 Sunday morning and managed to work a few stations
there.  Ten meters was a no show for me although I did hear one weak DL station
who I could not work.

As always a fun contest and while I'm never competitive I did manage to double
my past number of QSO's (mainly by spending a bit more time on the bands). I
used N1MM logger this year and that made sending QTC's quite easy when I
managed to hit the right keys.  Too bad I did not have the chance to convert
all QSO's to QTC's but I had to quit before the contest was over. I am amazed
at the ability of the EU stations to copy the QTC's in rapid succession. I am
thankful I only had to send them and not copy them.

I'll see you all in WAE CW next year. Thanks for the Q's.

73,
Puck, W4PM