[3830] WAE CW W1UE(@K1TTT) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 10 13:21:55 PDT 2009

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA

   80:  171    40   136
   40:  391   496   120
   20:  825   906    94
   15:  154   120    52
   10:   18     0    24
-------------------------
Total: 1569  1562   426  Total Score = 1,333,806

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Condx not terrible, but not the best either.  Some 10M sporadic E, UU7J being
the furthest east but most of the QSOs Sunday afternoon.  As 10M Signals popped
in and out, you could almost chart the Spor E region as it moved around between
Eu and USA.  15M had a nice opening on Sunday, but Sat was almost nonexistent.
20 was again the workhorse band, serving as a bottom less pit.  40 and 80M had
the normal summer noise; it was good that most of the thunderstorms were off
the back of the antennas instead of in the direction of Europe.

All in all, great fun.  QTCs are a double-edged sword; you have to swap them to
get the needed points, but every time you stop a run to swap QTCs those waiting
to work you leave.  It also breaks the rhythm of the run, but what are you
going to do?  I tried to hold off, and swap QTCs when the runs slowed, but the
backlog grew too quickly and I was concerned that I couldn't unload all the
QTCs before my time ended.

Thanks to Dave K1TTT for the use of his kick butt station!  Congrats to K1LZ,
NN3W, and AA3B for great scores!

Dennis W1UE