[3830] SARTG K7IA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 16 09:20:51 PDT 2009

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 9:41

   80:
   40:   55   560    23
   20:  239  2600    48
-------------------------
Total:  294  3160    71  Total Score = 224,360

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first SARTG RTTY.  I like the format--breaking up a 24 hour clock period into
three eight hour periods.  It covers all of the 24 hours of propagation
conditions and allows breaks to do other things, like work the North American
QSO Party (SSB)!

I worked the SARTG for the first few hours as low power, but because of slow
rates and inability to run effectively, I switched to high power, which
improved the action.

Neither the SARTG nor the NAQP got adequate attention during their overlapping
time periods, though.

Thanks for all of the QSOs, especially to the folks who emerged from the
woodwork on Sunday morning to make their first contacts--you folks kept up the
action!

73,
Dan k7ia