[3830] SARTG F6IRF SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 16 12:44:15 PDT 2009

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN35

   80:   81   805   27+1
   40:  149  1560   34+6
   20:  287  3270  51+23
   15:   90   940   29+4
   10:   44   435   19+0
-------------------------
Total:  651  7010    194  Total Score = 1,359,940

Cuurent setup: Small LP domestic station (3 fiber elts for all bands...)- No
SO2R (miss a second pair of antennas) - No low bands RX antennas (as for
radials will reinstall when grass stops growing !). So real SO1R/LP "domestic
station"...
Antennas: ground mounted 18m vertical with Icom AT-130 auto-tuner, 2elts
steppIR @12m AGL
Rig: 756pro2, MK2R+, MMTY
Software : N1MM Logger V8.9.0

General:
First TTY contest for quite some time (2006 was my last participation in this
contest). Casual entry with only 19hours on. Has been good to meet with a few
old friends who are still on years after years...
Spots, when available, were useless for a large part... (people using AFSK
should really learn how to spot a TTY station on the cluster...).RTTY
contesting has changed since last time, but everybody seems to remember that my
name is Patrick !  (H.I.)

Band details:
80m was disapointing - only K4GMH worked on states-side(but my vertical is
still in summer cfg - 50 radials missing...). In general, activity was low,
especialy from UA, probably due to the RDA-CW contest... (missed UA and UA9 on
80, who can believe that...).
40m seems working OK, but quite a high level of noise... My RX-perf. was not
that terrible however, as a few DX stations could never hear me, despite solid
copy my side and many attempts... Anyway I've seen better condx, even during
summer (not a single VK/ZL) !
10 and 15m were wide E's open on sunday, but little activity...  (however, W1
W2, W4 and W5 worked on 15m sunday, likely on multi-hop E's)
20m was the only band where I could get a decent run going... as usual many
JA's at their evening despite LP (In sections, just missed JA0 and the usual
VE's), but nothing fm OC except KH6.

result, even though the score is far away from my best results in this contest!
 Am I getting too old to compete?

Anyway thanks to all for the Q's and CU soon again on the air...