[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 17 08:39:23 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

  160:    8     6
   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  662   145  Total Score = 95,990

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Storms in the area this year but they came through about the time I was going to
take a break, so no time really lost although the QRN on the low bands hurt
(literally).

Not much 10m and 15m activity although I heard W5WMU most of the day and into
the evening on 15. I called CQ on both bands probably too much and had the most
success moving nearby stations.  Moves are really appreciated .. THANKS!

Overall, I missed and didn't hear SD NE and RI.  North of the border I worked
BC AB ON QC NS and NB.  Most worked stations included W5WMU (5), and K5TR,
NC4KW, NF4A, NX5M, W9RE (4) with 539 unique stations in the log.

As with the August NAQP CW, lots of effort for not so great a result.  One of
these years we'll have 15 and 10 again from Kansas.

Listen for w0bh/m from 35 or more counties in the Kansas QSO Party on August
29-30.  Although we submitted it plenty early, it didn't make the QST Contest
Calendar for some reason, so we keep trying to get the word out.  It looks like
we have a really good chance at getting all 105 counties on the air.  The web
site is http://www.ksqsoparty.org/.

Catch you all in the Sprints!

73, Bob, w0bh