[3830] OhQP VE3KZ SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 23 11:29:20 PDT 2009

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Milton, ON

   80:   84     70
   40:   26     23
--------------------
Total:  110     92  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 49  Total Score = 35,056

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The Ohio QP Saturday has become the time for Contest Club Ontario to hold our
annual BBQ but this year it was moved a week back giving me the opportunity to
join in on the "other OQP". I was limited to 8 hours because of the
thunderstorms moving through and the terrific static discharge that went on
during their coming and going. The rest of the time it was just propagated QRN.
I started with LP and it became obvious that HP could be just a frustration
because I wouldn't be hearing many more I could copy. The amp stayed off.
Too close for 20m and on 40m only the furthest reaches of Ohio were available.
Two thirds of the QSO's had to happen on 80! The quarter-wave 40m ground
mounted vertical was probably not a great antenna for these distances but the
80m broadband inverted vee dipole at 55' did the job.
Snagged 74 different counties with a number of the mobiles/rovers contributing
well to the numbers. Thanks to all for the QSO's and I promise to become more
familiar with the Ohio county names when I get a chance to do this again!