[3830] NCCC Sprint K3TN LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Aug 28 03:51:56 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - August 27

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  12      5
   40:  16     10
   20:   8      7
Total:  36     22  Total Score = 792

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

TS 850 to Windom at 45'

To keep from falling asleep before the 2230 EST start, I downloaded N1MM and
got it going. Going from CT to N1MM was sort of like going from a bicycle to a
747 but in ESM mode with N4ZR's suggested message load it felt pretty smooth in
Sprint mode.

With one small exception - it seems like you can't leave any of the F key
messages blank. I didn't realize that at first and turns out I loaded several
of them with a string of Es. So, when asked for fills and hitting those F keys
by mistake, I spewed out a cloud of dits a few times. I'm trying to think of a
way to blame all those dits for me originally copying K7SS as KZ5H...

Once again, no dupes = more fun. I finally had the discipline to leave 20
before the 10 min mark, but even 8 minutes on 20 was too much - 40 was rocking
already when I went up there.