[3830] SCC RTTY W7MRC(NG7Z) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 30 06:36:21 PDT 2009

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: W7MRC
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA

   80:   32   57    19
   40:   52  108    33
   20:   86  206    40
------------------------
Total:  170  371    92  Total Score = 34,132

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was more of an exersise in using HP and new antennas rather than a serious
effort at contesting. I spent a lot of time this summer improving my 80M and
160M antennas. Replaced the old Ham 4 rotator with a new Yaesu G-1000DXA and
installed a Green Heron controller for the yagis. Purchased a used IC-2KL
amplifier and matching AT 500 autotuner and getting used to auto-switching of
antennas. I was pleased to see that 80M performance has improved greatly. I can
now use the new 80M loop on 40M without having to retune when I want to favor
Asia when the beam is pointed easterly. I didn't realize how effective HP is on
40M when working EU. I was rarely able to work EU using low power. Since all the
antennas are resonant, I don't need to use the AT-500. It functions mostly as an
auto antenna switch. Very handy indeed. All in all, I'm ready for the fall
contest season. Thanks for the Q's Paul NG7Z (W7MRC)