[3830] SCC RTTY WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 30 08:45:49 PDT 2009

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 16+/-

   80:   73   143    42
   40:  141   331    52
   20:  284   783    60
   15:   10    18     9
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  508  1275   163  Total Score = 207,825

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the SCC for hosting this contest.  My first try at it.  With the
qsy limit for SO stations, I was not able to utilize SO2R (not that there were
two bands open much of time), but I still managed to pop the ICE419 bandpass
filter on 20M.

I lost several 20-60 minute periods while thunderstorms rolled through the
area.  Early Sunday morning (local) was a washout as not much on 80/40 and I
wasn't able to work Europe enough to bother.

The N1MM logging program would prepopulate the exchange the second time I
worked a station (good) but then using ESM it would immediately send the
exchange before sending my call during S&P (not good).  So at least
occasionally when I acted clueless, it wasn't just me.

Station: K3, FT1000 MKV Field,
          KT34A at 60 ft,
          3 el Steppir at 48 ft
          40M rotary dipole at 54 ft