[3830] SCC RTTY AD6WL SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 30 16:40:27 PDT 2009

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: AD6WL
Operator(s): AD6WL
Station: AD6WL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: CA-ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 10:53

   80:   21   38    16
   40:   16   30    13
   20:  202  487    56
   15:    4    8     3
   10:
------------------------
Total:  243  563    88  Total Score = 49,544

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The XYL and our granddaughter (KI6KOI) decided to go shopping so I figured I
would get on the radio for a bit.  The 40 meter beam is not functional and no
resonant antenna for that band so I figure I would just get on 20 and maybe
15/10 if open.  As long as I kept making contacts I stayed on.  When the band
died I would take a break and try later.  As it got dark I decided to get some
quick mults on 80M.  After I worked the few station that I could I went back to
20.  Finally I decided to tune the 80M inverted V for 40 meters and it was good
enough for a few contacts but it was too painful to use when I'm used to the
beam so I worked what I could and moved on. Back to 20 meters for some late
openings to Russia and EU before calling it a night around 11:00PM local.

Condition were terrible but there still seamed to be a lot of stations; at
least on 20 meters.

73, Jim
AD6WL