[3830] CQWW CW LZ9R(LZ3YY) SOSB/40 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 1 08:07:35 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9R
Operator(s): LZ3YY
Station: LZ3YY

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: nr.Aitos

   40: 1323    36      129
Total: 1323    36      129  Total Score = 322,905

TS850SAT 100W ; 3el. Vertical array (DL2KQ) , Single Vertical ,
80m Inv.vee (accidentally used for 1 hour by mistake :))

If the log survive checking procedures , this must be new LZ record.
It seems that I was right not to choose multi band entry this year.
Condx were not the best on 40m. from my location. Band nearly closed around
18:00 UTC Sunday , but then luckily exploded for the last 3 hours.
I had some strange propagation here. Working KH6 and KH2 at 3pm LZT in full
daylight is quite unusual for me.

Zones missed: 01 (never heard KL7) , 12,13,39
DXCC heard but missed: UK ,XU,YA,YB,3W,5R,9J(wrked before test),FR,
LU (can't believe no one heard me despite countless calls!),OA,CX,HC,J7,ZP.

It was about 50/50 percents CQ and S&P. 39 zones and 140 DXCC were achieveably
with little more help from propagation and luck.

73, Nasko