[3830] CQWW CW CR3E(CT1BOH) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 2 05:12:28 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CR3E
Operator(s): CT1BOH
Station: CR3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Madeira

  160:  466    15       63
   80:  908    22       80
   40: 1833    30       87
   20: 1845    31      101
   15: 1414    30       92
   10:    7     4        7

Club: CT3 Madeira Contest Team

Comments:

Many thanks to my wife Lara. I operated SO2R, she operated SO2SC (two small
children, 1 and 3 yrs old) back home.

Many thanks to CT3 Madeira Contest Team - CT3BD, CT3DL, CT3DZ, CT3EE, CT3EN,
CT3IA, CT3KU, CT3KY.

Thanks to CT1FFU www.ct1ffu.com for custom designed and built monobanders for
10/15/20

Operated from new QTH on the northwest side of the island IM12JU.
The new QTH is excelent and extremely quiet.
I'm a bit disappointed tough. Was expecting better QSO numbers overall. But
with so depressed conditions and at 32º north, I guess I only have to pray for
better MUF in the years to come.

This was the fourth (full) contest from Madeira. Score seems to continue to
follow MUF:

2005 CT3EN 6483 151 516 13M
2006 CT3NT 6563 160 520 13.3M
2008 CT3NT 6392 143 462 11.5M
2009 CR3E 6473 132 430 10.8M

Comparing to 2008 I had overall +81 QSOs and -43 multipliers

Looking at multipliers only:
160 +2
80 -2
40 -24
20 -16
15 +3
10 -6

On 40 on the new station I still only have one 2 el, compared to two 2 elements
on the old QTH. It does make a big difference having to park the antenna north
to get both USA and NA. Those mults from south just don't get in. This will be
fixed next year. On 20, my second radio amplifier broke at the very start. A
replacement only arrived around 10Z saturday. There were numerous stations
pacifc and Asia I could not work while low power. It would have help reduce the
gap, and the band never open the second night.

On a different note, It was fun having S50XX CQWW Contest oberver sat next to
me during the contest. I hope he enjoyed the experience.

73
José Nunes
CT1BOH/CR3E