[3830] ARRL 160 W1EQ Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 05:28:53 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1EQ
Operator(s): W1EQ
Station: W1EQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT

Total:  QSOs = 585  Sections = 59  Countries = 13  Total Score = 87,264

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thjs was my first ARRL 160 CW effort.
I just put up an Inv. L. three weeks ago.
The Vert. section is 50 feet up.
I put down 26 radials, all the east side of the vertical.
I'm living on a city lot. My neighbor recently cut down all the trees in his
back yard, except for one tall one that is close to my line. I asked if I could
run a wire up to the top and he agreed. I ran the horizontal wire to the top of
a tree on my property. The house, of course, is east of the vertical, so I ran
radials around the house, in back of the house, around the shed, in front of
the house. Radials mostly 90' feet long, 3 or 4 are 100+ feet. I got room for
about 6 more. Antenna worked great. Operated LP, hoping to snag CT LP
certificate.
This was a lot of fun.
Also FT1000MP, Writelog and Micrham KII.