[3830] ARRL 160 N2FF Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 07:38:42 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

Total:  QSOs = 151  Sections = 34  Countries = 1  Total Score = 10,370

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

About six years ago I took down my 160M inverted L.  Last week
I decided to put it back up and enter the contest.  That took longer than
planned. I ran out of time Friday afternoon.  While I had the L up, I had no
radials and a matching network at the feed point.  I used the L as a long wire
and was able to use the FT 100MP tunner to get an SWR below 3:1 on the bottom
60 KHz of the band.

The amazing thing is that 150 stations hear my 100 watts.  As we say in
Brooklyn, "All uze guys get the good ear award!"  Thanks.  As Arnold says,"
I'll be back next year -  with radials."