[3830] ARRL 160 N2ZN Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 08:32:41 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2ZN
Operator(s): N2ZN
Station: N2ZN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY

Total:  QSOs = 601  Sections = 72  Countries = 25  Total Score = 126,197

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Comments:

A very part time effort to test out new hardware to see how it plays.  I guess
it did OK.  Never had any DX stations call me in previous years-this year I had
a fair number of EU call while running.  I guess the amount of DX you work is
directly proportional to the amount of radial wire you have on the groud.

Put up beverage to EU on Saturday afternoon.  Nice to have it for the second
half.  Works great!

Used the second radio only as a spotting receiver to fill the bandmap up while
running.  Only have one TX antenna on 160 and can't share to both radios yet.
Also, no Beverage sharing yet, so a 20 meter dipole became the RX antenna for
the second radio.

Split the time I was on between running stations and DXing, seeing how things
were working and trying to find last two states for 160 WAS (got them both, WY
and ID).  Found K0TO in the middle of heavy QRM and must have drove him nuts
for about 10 minutes trying to pull me out.  Finally worked him for state #50.
After that, I had two other ID call me while running, naturally.  Did not work
ND, MS, NL, NWT, SK, or SDG.

2x FT-1000MP Mark 5
Sloped vertical with 21 100' radials (need more)
560' beverages to NE, SW; 700' beverage to SE.