[3830] ARRL 160 K6NV M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 09:22:30 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 539  Sections = 70  Countries = 3  Total Score = 79,351

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night was gang busters here, conditions were spectacular, held good run
freqs most of the evening, worked stations all over the US and Canada,
including HI.  Most all called me, felt very loud.  I could usually break an
pile up going to the west (HI) very easy.

Sat was a different story, could not get "traction", or hold a run freq until
10:00pm.  After that conditions changed slightly and I was back in the game.
Interesting here how that happens.  Conditions were not nearly as good as on
Friday.

I have a K9AY Loop System for receive, what a diference that had on both being
able to hear the really weak ones and saving on the fatigue factor.  It worked
very well here.  I put up a inverted "L" this fall for transmit, it seemed to
work really well, If I could hear them, I could usually "get em".  Sat while I
was in the S & P mode it was easy to tell which stations had lots of noise or
poor receive antennas.  The effort I have made with he power company has realy
paid off over the past couple of years, very low noise level in my
neighborhood.

My best 160m contest score.

FT-1000MP
AL-80b @ 750w