[3830] ARRL 160 VA7DX Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 12:09:41 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VA7DX
Operator(s): VA7DX
Station: VA7DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Coquitlam

Total:  QSOs = 725  Sections = 77  Countries = 7  Total Score = 123,564

Had a great time in the contest with tons of activity from NA although couldn't
hear anything out of EU or JA this time around.

Used my trusty FT1000MP and Acom2000 into a dipole at what used to be 80' but
appears in the cold light of day to be more like 50' as a branch appears to
have snapped on the photosynthetic tower. Still did a reasonable job into NA
however!

Lot's of activity on the band made it very hard to find a spot to CQ as
demonstrated by an annoying number of stations that started calling CQ right on
top of an exchange in progress....its interesting what too much coffee, sugar,
adrenaline and sleep deprivation do to people after the first 24 hours ... :)

Thanks to all for the terrific contacts in the contest this year and looking
forward to the CQ 160 in January....maybe we'll get that dipole back up to 80'
by then!!

Best of the season to everyone!

Neil
VA7DX