[3830] ARRL 160 N8MR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 6 18:30:51 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8MR
Operator(s): N8MR
Station: N8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI

Total:  QSOs = 770  Sections = 71  Countries = 17  Total Score = 133,392

Club: Livonia Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This was a personal best score for me - the best I've done so far - mainly due
to an increase in my time behind the key this year. The DX stations that showed
up were relatively audible and heard well. However, a local intermittent noise
source made things difficult at times.

N1MM Logger was not playing nice with the microHAM CW Keyer. Had to reboot the
program a few times during the contest to get it to work.

Propagation to Europe and the west coast seemed a little better on Friday than
on Saturday.

Always a great time, this is one of my favorite contests. Can't wait till the
Stew Perry in three weeks.

Equipment: Yaesu FT-920 with roofing filter and CW filter switch board (200Hz
and 400 Hz Inrads).

Antennas: Inverted L with 26 radials (TX) and coaxial loop (RX) on 60' x 120'
lot in the city.