[3830] ARRL 160 W3TS Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 9 13:30:05 PST 2009

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EPA

Total:  QSOs = 636  Sections = 67  Countries = 13  Total Score = 104,880

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Friday night at the start of the contest I had QRN from a bad street light and
my neighbors treadmill(the VFD for the motor - how can these be FCC legal?).
Saturday night was very noisy with QRN, I had 3 inches of wet snow on all the
power lines in the neighborhood.

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion at 5 watts
TX Ant: 60 foot high 80M/40M fan dipole used as an 1/8 wave Tee over 70 x 70
foot long radials.
RX Ants:  300 foot NE/SW short beverage and 300 foot SE/NW beverage and a NE
Flag. The best I can do on a 150 x 200 foot town lot with the help of
understanding neighbors.
Logger: N1MM