[3830] ARRL 10 4U1ITU(KE3X) SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 13:19:56 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 4U1ITU
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: 4U1ITU

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: ITU HQ Geneva

   CW:   3     3
  SSB:   0     0
-------------------
Total:   3     3  Total Score = 36

I'll never forget the first time I operated the ARRL 10-Meter Contest in 1978.
I was 16 using my old callsign WA1UUA, and ran my homebuilt Heathkit HW-101 and
rotatable dipole (driven element of a Mosley TA-33Jr).   I think I made about
400 QSO's, which I thought was pretty good until I saw Jack W1WEF's results in
the box score :-)   I still remember K0RF booming in at 40db over S9 into
Connecticut.

Fast-forward to today, when I stopped IARC to hand out the '4U1I' multiplier
... a whopping 3 QSO's in 30 minutes of S&P (thanks SP2JMB, I4UFH and 9A3W) but
CQ'ing brought no replies.   Well, the sunspots can only get better, right?   (I
know, I know .... Kiss of Death)

73,

Ken KE3X