[3830] ARRL 10 WI2E SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 16:12:19 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: PA

   CW:
  SSB:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  36     20  Total Score = 2,880

I checked in from time-to-time as my schedule permitted, mostly long after the
sun had set each day.  I mixed using the amp (500W) and operating barefoot to
see how well I was getting out. Strangely, my somewhat surprising experience
was that the band was open somewhere via E-skip (even for my 43 ft.
vertical--not exactly the best 10M antenna) whenever I operated.  The most
interesting was an opening to the central USA near 1 AM local (0545Z) that
allowed me to work WW2Y (NE) and K0OU (MO) while hearing (but not working)
W0EWD loud and clear. Unfortunately, most of my QSOs required ESP, so I'm
expecting a higher than usual error rate despite best efforts to get the
exchange right.  Still, it was fun to work many stations that I could probably
see if I took a pair of binoculars to the roof of my house!

Rig: K3
Antenna: 43 ft. vertical

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs!

73,